Sanjay Dutt to be Leave from Prison on February 27 Sources Said..

MUMBAI: Bollywood Actor Sanjay Dutt will be released on February 27for his good behavior in jail, who was jailed in an arms case related to the 1993 Mumbai blasts.

The 56-year-old Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt will be released 7 months early from Yerwada jail in Pune a few days ahead of his official date of release.Sources said the abandon has been granted on grounds for his good behavior in jail.

According to sources Last year, a petition was rejected, filed by former Supreme Court judge Markandey Katju in 2013 seeking pardon for Sanjay Dutt. Sources had said that Governor of Maharastra Vidyasagar Rao rejected the petition on the recommendation to the home department about Sanjay Dutt, which said it would set a bad precedent as the actor’s conviction was confirmed by the Supreme Court.

The actor’s Sanjay Dutt frequent breaks from jail have earlier been criticized as evidence of VIP treatment. Between May 2013 and 2014, Mr. Dutt spent over 118 days out of prison.

Sanjay Dutt was found guilty in 2007 of acquiring illegal weapons from those involved in the deadly 1993 attacks in Mumbai in which 257 people were killed, and hundreds injured. He was punished to six years in jail in 2007,  he served 18 months of jail punishment but then was out on bail, after fighting the conviction until a court was ordered in March 2013 get back him to jail in Pune.

Mr. Dutt was cleared of conspiracy charges in the attacks 2007, but he found guilty of illegal possession of an AK-56 rifle and a pistol. Sanjay Dutt was claimed he had acquired the weapons to protect himself and his family during the riots that erupted after the blasts.

According to sources, Underworld don Dawood Ibrahim was said to have financed the attacks at the behest of Pakistan’s Inter-Services Intelligence. The attacks were carried out by his henchmen Tiger Memon and Yakub Memon.

About the author


Leave a Comment