The Soft drink giants Pepsi recreates its magic but this time it’s not a beverage or a food product, it’s a smartphone! Pepsi company is trying to catch the telecom industry by its first smartphone Pepsi P1. The first ever Pepsi smartphone comes in two variants – the Pepsi P1 and P1s, manufactured by Shenzhen Scooby Communication equipment, Pepsi-branded smartphones and accessories were announced to be in the works last month. The popular Pepsi brand on Thursday took the wraps off the Phone P1 and Phone P1s in China. The food and beverage company is however running a crowdfunding campaign to produce the smartphone.
It’s worth noting that Pepsi is only licensing its brand for use on smartphones and accessories, while Shenzhen-based Scooby Communication Equipment company will be manufacturing the first smartphones. The company has revealed two versions of its first smartphone: Phone P1 is the regular version while the Phone P1s is compatible specifically with China Unicom’s FDD-LTE support. There are no other differences in specifications between the two variants.
Pepsi P1 Smart Phone Specifications:
01. 5.5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD 2.5D Curved Screen display
02. 1.7 GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor with Mali 450-MP4 GPU
03. 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, microSD expansion slot
4. Hybrid Dual SIM (second nano SIM slot can also be used as microSD slot)
05. dido OS 6.1 based on Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
06. 13MP rear camera with LED Flash
07. 5MP front-facing camera
08. Fingerprint sensor
09. Dimensions: 152.2 ×76.2×7.7 mm; Weight: 158g
10. 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.1 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
11. 3000mAh battery
12. Available Colors: Blue, Gold and Silver.
Pepsi P1 Smart Phone Price:
P1 and P1s is currently crowdfunded on the website JD Finance in China, 600 pieces already sold out at the early bird price of 499 Yuan (Rs. 5170 / US$ 78 approx.). The remaining 400 pieces are being sold at for 699 Yuan (Rs. 7250 / US$ 110 approx.). Once those sell-out, the phone will be available for 999 Yuan (US $156). The company aims to reach the goal of 3,000,000 Yuan (US$ 46,9950 approx.) by December 3rd.
Pepsi P1 Smart Phone Full Detail Specifications: